Join the Team
MORNING BAKER/PREP COOK
THE POSITION: We are looking for morning baker/prep cook to work morning shifts (6am-1pm) during our busy summer season (with possibility of extension after that).
- Hourly wage $17-19/hour.
- Kitchen experience is a must.
- Weekend availability.
- Early morning person with energy and enthusiasm for the work.
- Familiar with vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free and traditional baking and food preparation.
- Strong passion for cooking with organic, seasonal, and local ingredients.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
- A team player with good communication skills.
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure.
- Training from a culinary school will be an asset.
- Reliable, creative, and passionate about creating good food.
- Basic fluency in Portuguese/Spanish is an asset though not required.
- Prepare ingredients for farmers markets, like fillings for tapioca crepes or toppings for tamales.
- Follow recipes and baking instructions for simple baked goods like quiches, empanadas, cookies, muffins, and more.
- Labeling and stocking all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
Please email email@example.com with a short introduction and your resume.